Sunday, March 11

Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea

Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea (blended in the Yorkshire Dales) claims to be the "Best Cup of Tea in England." A bold claim. Further, the box that this tea comes in claims that Harrogate is "the home of good tea," that "people all over the country [have] fell in love with Yorkshire Tea" and that their "tea tasters sample hundreds of teas each week, just to find the few good enough for Yorkshire Tea." Let's see if it lives up to the hype:

vector:
If this is the best cup of tea in England as the package suggests, I don't think I'll go visiting there again any time soon.

I would trade the shitty hostel that I stayed at the last time I was in London for a kilo of this slop.

I would not foul my gonads with this sort of garbage.

Scalded Balls: Orange Pekoe. I say again Orange Pekoe. This said, for an Orange Pekoe it is quite acceptable... for an Orange Pekoe.

I would trade half a set of bad British teeth for a kilo of this te.

Balls are a negatory.

Dr Capitalism: This tea was, as SB inferred, just a plain ol' Orange Pekoe, the default tea of the Western World. Which is a shame, because Orange Pekoe is a terrible tea - it's got a toxic aftertaste and a tastebud-searing duringtaste. The box recommends drinking Taylos of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea with milk, so I did so with the latter half of my cup, producing a milder drink with an equally heinous aftertaste.

I would trade a superfluous monarchy for a kilo of this tea.

My balls are insulted that you would even ask the question.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all this tea is not!!! orange pekoe. It is selected cut black tea and it is indeed a great cup of tea. Instead of posting anti British insults learn what a good cupper tastes like and try this tea. John Payet Valandingham

Anonymous said...

It is the best cup of tea on the planet and we drink it with milk and it is good, if you don't like it stay away don't come here dont drink it

Skeleton Munroe said...

Pretty sure that it said Orange Pekoe on the box... Tell you what - I'll check the next time I'm in the Tea House.

All pedantry aside, the fact is that the type of black tea that you're talking about (the type that is the basic element of orange pekoe) is fundamentally shitty tea. It's the stuff that the Chinese merchants of old sold to foreigners because they were hoarding all of the good stuff for themselves. It tastes like a horse's ass, to be blunt.

With milk it tastes like a horses ass covered in milk. (I'm insulting your tea, Britain).

-Dr Capitalism

Alex said...

Even the French know more about tea than you two chumps.

Anonymous said...

I think the confusion is that in North America, Yorkshire tea uses Orange Pekoe and in England it doesn't in other words, the company has succumbed to what it believes the North American market wants - another Orange Pekoe tea blend!
It is becoming increasingly difficult to buy anything but OP in NA.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Exactly, every box in Canada says Orange Pekoe on it. So what is the better one, Taylor's Yorkshire from UK, or Taylors Yorkshire Orange Pekoe from Canada? Need to know what the difference is.